Log in

No account? Create an account
50's Chair Upholstery - Diy Creative [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
Diy Creative

[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

50's Chair Upholstery [Aug. 10th, 2006|04:40 am]
Diy Creative

A chair we have had at my parents house for years, i convinced my brother to let me reupholster it with the leftover fabric i had from the hassock fan i re-did the other week.

This was my first forray into serious upholstery work, most of the stuff i have done is more simple recoverings.
for this one i had to actually break out the patterns, pins and sewing machine to recover it.
It turned out pretty good i think for a first serious try, although i did learn some things, i would definatly do things differently next time.
i've got an almost exact duplicate of this at my parents house, but i'm definatly gonna find some new interesting fabric for the next one, getting tired of this pattern ;)

all coverings removed from the original chair... i added some extra padding to the original foam to make it a bit more comfortable... not that it wasn't pretty comfortable, i think it had the grand father of that "memory foam" stuff installed in it.


From: neuromancer81
2006-08-11 02:06 am (UTC)
i noticed that you were only showing up "halfway" on the group info page the other day and thought it quite strange.

thank you, i'm looking out for something similar in some different colors right now, i love the retro styled patterns, but i'm getting worn out on this pattern for the time being. i'll tuck some away for later use i'm sure when it strikes my fancy again :)
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)